Thursday, October 18, 2012

My Healer...


For the last two years I have been suffering from the horrific symptoms of Fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed December 2010 after struggling to make sense of the pain I was feeling for months. Along with this I was also told I had a bleeding ulcer....hmmm. The doctor quickly asked what type of stress I was under. "Well, where should I start"? Although life had been good to me...I had stress.

The doc helped me create a timeline of the past two years...ouch! I didn't realize all of that was weighing on my shoulders. I have been carrying this baggage around instead of placing it at the feet of Jesus. Silly me, raised in church, I should know what to do with my worries!! So many times, we feel they are our stresses, and that they "belong" to us...if only we can learn to place them at His feet before they become a heaping pile we can no longer control!

For the last year I have been running a steady low-grade fever. The doctor "guessed" that it had something to do with my Fibro., they couldn't find any other reason why.  I had decided then, and there, I wasn't going to mess with docs anymore...I know the Great Physician, my Healer! I was fed up with my doctors not having any answers. I felt they didn't try hard enough. I knew He wouldn't let me down. "Okay Lord, here I am putting all my trust in you once again"!

So, I decided instead of taking medications the doctor had prescribed, I began to do research on Homeopathy. I began to take and use herbs, and vitamins that boost my immunity, help with pain, and that would relax me. I noticed a difference within weeks. I felt better, but not back to normal. I was still running that annoying fever...not knowing when it would go away.

Depression began kicking in...although I didn't see the signs at first. It was beginning to cripple me, I felt other sickness come on as time passed. Avoiding it never made it better, only worse....believe me I tried. I would have parties, bake, have kids sleepovers, arrange trips, but nothing was getting me out of this deep slump I was in.

I woke up one morning...it wasn't going to be good, I could already tell. I was at my very lowest. I couldn't stop crying, I had confided in my kids, whom where home with me at the time...I needed prayer. Our assistant minister came by to pray with me. I was glad, he is very uplifting.

I went to church the following evening hoping to feel better. When it was prayer time, I went up to be prayed for. I was glad the assistant minister encouraged the church to surround me, laying hands on me while we prayed. I had felt the Power of God many times...but this time I felt something even more than ever before. All of a sudden I felt my fever began to leave my body...literally from my toes, moving upward, traveling to my torso, to my shoulders, and to my head until it was completely gone!! I began to praise God and shout...it was the relief I had been waiting for!

While I was still enjoying the moment, I reached over to hug my aunt. She had felt me every service..."Girl, you're still running that fever"? She would ask. She could feel the warmth from my body each time. But this time was different...when we hugged, she began to shout..."Girl, you're as cool as a cucumber"! My fever was gone...gone. That was just five weeks ago!! i haven't had fever since, and I know God did more for me than heal the fever...he took my depression away!! i have felt like a new person!! I have since went back to work...feeling glorious! God is good...I am forever grateful he is My Healer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment