Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Miracle...part 2!

This story is continued from yesterday and has some graphic content. This is just some of my testimony...I hope it doesn't offend.

As I stood holding my bundle of joy...happiness swept over me, filling every part of my heart.
All the sadness and pain that had reigned over my emotions were gone...vanished, just a memory!

Life goes on, sometimes faster than we would hope. Each day I had something more to look forward to. I was happy. My life was busy, full of tea parties, playing barbies and pretending with my pretty little princess. In our daily routine of things, Ashley and I would walk to the mailbox for exercise. Upon going to the dr. for my scheduled yearly visit, I had received a post card in the mail telling the results of my check-up. My eyes quickly scanned the card...stopping suddenly at the section that read " Results Abnormal". I had abnormal results before and It was always nothing, but this time it felt different. I quickly called my dr's. office to make an appointment to meet with my physician to talk about the information.

My dr's advise was to have another exam, so they can rule out any complications. So I did. My results on the second attempt were the same. I began to worry once more, wondering what will be the end result! During my third exam, the dr. decided to take a biopsy. I was very nervous, it seemed the days crept by, filled with worry. Waiting is such a hard game!

A week and a half later I received a phone call from my doctor. My parents were visiting at the time, we were outside picking up pecans from our trees, when I heard the phone ring. All the worries turned into reality when she said those dreadful words....Cancer, Cervical Cancer! I'm not sure if I even heard anything else she said. I felt like I was in a Charlie Brown cartoon and I was hearing the voice of his teacher speak, instead of the doctor. After I hung up the phone, I made my way outside to tell the horrible news. I'm not sure how...my head was spinning, I became very dizzy and nauseated. Tears began to flow as my husband and family began to console me.

My emotions went from sadness to anger over the following days...Cancer...Really!? "We can get through this", my husband said. Looking into his eyes, he was my best friend, he had been for years. I knew he would help me through this, he was the one always positive...his glass is always half full, when mine tends to be empty all too often. At the time, neither of us where strong in faith. I had stopped going to church a few years prior. I thought I knew what was best for me, come to find out, years later...fast-forward to today...God is the best thing that has EVER happened to me!

My husband went with me to my next few appointments. Each time, holding hands tightly till perspiration had formed. I was a nervous wreck, he was rock solid...my rock. I couldn't hardly look at him without crying. The doctor had announced to us during one of our visits, that having more children may not be possible for us...as I cried, he sweetly kissed my tears. At that moment I knew God had placed him in my life, He knew exactly what I needed....a strong, encouraging friend! 

I was willing to try any idea the doctor had. So, I was scheduled for surgery that following week. With my husband by my side, I went in positive, ready for surgery. During the procedure the doctor removed five cancerous areas the size of quarters from my cervix. As I lay in my bed recuperating , I began thinking about the love of God, and how he took the 40 lashes for my healing. I knew He was tugging at my heart, I knew I needed to be in church when Sunday rolled around.

Walking into church felt so good, His presence was as sweet as I had remembered. It had been awhile since I had communicated with Him. As the preacher began his sermon, it felt as if he was talking directly to me. I wanted him to hurry with his preaching so I could run down to the altar. There was so much I wanted to ask God to forgive me for. When altar call came...I was the first one there, I was on a mission...my salvation! It felt so refreshing as the church family gathered around me to pray, my hands raised high, warm tears began to flow down my cheeks, as God spoke to my heart.

It had been a week since my surgery. As I stepped into the doctors office the following day for my check-up, I was a different person. God had renewed my confidence, my joy, my life. I was happy once again. With my head held high, and an extra large smile on my face, I took a seat in the waiting room. The doctor noticed I was bubbly, more than normal, so I filled her in on my Sunday experience. She didn't want to put a damper on things, but had to check for bleeding. As her little procedure went underway, she was quiet...that always makes me nervous. She paused for a minute, and asked me to exscuse her, as she left the room. When she came back she had her assistant with her. They both put on gloves and began to quietly talk...Ok, now I was really nervous. "Lord, only you know how much I can handle", I begin to pray.

The doctor stood up and announced to me that the surgical area would normally be swollen, and red, maybe a hint of bleeding, but shouldn't be too much. "Okay", I answered slowly in a nervous tone. She could see the panic flush over my face, she had witnessed it several times before. I wasn't forsure where this was going, so I asked, "Well, what does mine look like"? Her response was rather quick, "I don't know"! "What do you mean, you don't know"? was my reply.
She stood there lost, just for a moment, then said "There's nothing there, no scarring, or no blood!,  "I can't even tell where I did surgery last week, it has disappeared"! "What a miracle", I said!! I flew off that table hugging both women, I began to cry, and they followed suit. I was overcome with love from my creator. I couldn't wait to get home and share the news. God is Good!!








No comments:

Post a Comment